Fireworks strapped to pit bull puppy and set off
A dog dubbed “Indy,” by his rescuers, is recovering from horrific burn wounds at the Westlake Village Animal Hospital, in Westlake, CA, reported Thursday’s ABC 7 News.
Veterinarians believe that Indy, a two-year-old pit bull, was injured after someone strapped fireworks to his body on the fourth of July.
Dr. Daniel Slaton of the Westlake Village Animal Hospital, stated ”Fireworks were strapped to him and basically lit on fire, and (he) has third degree burns on most of his rear legs, his paws, and part of his thorax.”
According to NBC Los Angeles, Shelter Transport Animal Rescue Team (S.T.A.R.T.) rescued Indy from the East Valley Animal Shelter, where he had been housed since his intake on July 5.
According to Indy’s rescuers, the badly burned dog has already won over the veterinary staff with his sweet and gentle disposition.
Due to the severity of Indy’s wounds, several surgeries will be necessary for his recovery.
Anyone interested in donating can do so by mail or PayPal:
(kindly write INDY in the memo)
If you prefer snail mail, checks can be mailed to:
PO Box 4792
Valley Village, CA 91617